I thought I would make a collage of all my sewing from 2014. Turns out, it wouldn’t fit in one collage. So I made several. I tried to combine them in ways that made the most sense. Some really belonged in 2 groups, but I didn’t want to have to start cross referencing patterns and blog posts, so I did what made the most sense to me. Hopefully all of the references link to the proper blog post. If there’s a broken link anywhere, please let me know and I will fix it.
Alrighty, here goes.
First up, Oliver and S. Of all the designers, I’ve sewn these patterns more than any other single designer. Not surprising.
1. Bucket hats 2. Hula Hoop Skirt 3. Ruffled Halter 4. Swingset skirt
5. Hide and Seek Dress 6. Library Dress 7. Library Dress 8. Sailboat Set
9. Lullaby Layette 10. Popover Sundress 11. Music Box Jumper 12. Hopscotch Dress
1 and 2. Rollerskate Dress 3. another Rollerskate Dress
1. Bedtime Story Pyjamas 2. Bedtime Story PJ pants 3, 4, 5. Sleepover Pyjamas
Next up, Disney!!
1. Cinderella (here and here) 2. Prince Charming (here and here) 3. Mike Wazowski
4. Minnie Mouse 5. Sofia the first (here and here) 6. Prince James (here and here)
7. Star Wars Mulberry Tunic 8. Mickey Mouse 9. Toddler Anna (here and here)
10. Kristoff (here and here) 11. Elsa and Olaf (here and here) 12. Mickey Oxford
1. Fly Girl 2. Savannah Party Dress 3. Izzy Top 4. Party Dress
5. Elise 6. Blue Ribbon 7. Savannah Party Dress
8. Reversible Romper 9. Hummingbird 10. Sandpit Romper
11. Treasure Hunt Skirt 12. Penguin Purse 13. Pillows 14. Lickety Split Tote
1. Rainbow Twirl 2. First Day Dress 3. Bow Tie
4. First Day Dress (here and here) 5. Fawn Lily 6. Little Mini Shearwater Kaftan
7. Bubblegum Dress 8. Cowl Neck Dress 9. Amelie
Ok…so I guess I sewed quite a bit this year. This doesn’t even include everything.
Now for my sewing resolutions:
1. I’m going to attempt to make myself something. I have a couple of patterns that I hope to try out. I made myself a skirt last year, but it really didn’t suit me very well so it is still hanging in the closet
waiting never to be hemmed.
2. I am going to sew more for Jacob. His wardrobe is massive, but is lacking in the mommy-made love
3. I am going to try to sew with the fabrics I have before I buy more. I have way too many and not enough time.
4. I am going to try to plan out my sewing for the upcoming months instead of just deciding on a whim. Not that there is anything wrong with deciding the minute before I start cutting, but I have so many patterns that I have never even tried so I would like to be a little more organized. I will still sew on a whim, because I love not knowing what I’m going to sew when I start out, they just won’t all be that way. Planning can be a good thing.
That’s it for now.
Thank you so much for following along. I hope to gain new readers and keep the faithful ones. Hopefully this coming year I learn a lot and maybe even teach a thing or two as well. Happy New Year everyone!!